Happy Holidays from Hines Little Smiles!
We at Hines Little Smiles would like to wish you and your children happy holidays, and to thank you and our wonderful staff for a great year. We appreciate everything you do to help make dentistry fun for kids, and to keep Hines Little Smiles running! We’re also glad to have had the chance to give back this holiday season through our annual Angel Tree Program. We’ve collected donations to help children who might not otherwise have a Christmas this year, and will be wrapping up tomorrow, December 16th, in order to get the gifts to these families in time for the holiday.
As you enjoy your own holiday traditions, remember that you need to care for your teeth, even on vacation. Make sure that you are giving your teeth the care they need to prevent cavities, broken teeth, and more. Here are a few tips to keep your teeth in tip top shape this Christmas season:
- Continue to brush and floss your teeth twice a day
- Remember to bring your toothbrush with you when traveling
- If you are at a party or event where you cannot brush your teeth after eating, rinse your mouth with water or chew sugar free gum to clean food residue off of your teeth
- Limit sugary snacks, and replace them with tooth-healthy treats
- Consider giving your children an electric toothbrush with their favorite character as a stocking stuffer
- Be careful when eating candy canes and other hard candies as you can accidentally chip a tooth
- Remember that teeth are not multitools, and use scissors to open packages instead of your teeth
- Have the contact information of your pediatric dentist just in case you have a tooth emergency
Thank you again for choosing Hines Little Smiles. We wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season, and a happy new year!
Mitzi L. Hines, DDS