Hines Little Smiles, located on the east side of Columbus, is a unique practice, designed for the youngest dental patients. We understand how foreign and scary some dental offices can seem to kids (and even to adults). That’s why we do everything we can to make your child’s dental experience welcoming and, dare we say, fun.
Our pediatric dentists and support staff are parents, aunts and uncles and Sunday school teachers. We know kids and how to put them at ease. Our offices are hygienic, but not scary. We have kid-friendly decor and art on the walls. Plus, we meet with our junior patients, knee-to-knee, meaning we get down to their level.
Our pediatric dentistry services
At Hines Little Smiles, we offer a comprehensive array of pediatric dental services. These include…
- Regular dental visits
- Teaching your child about good brushing and flossing techniques
- Educating your child about how good nutrition and dietary habits affect their dental health
- Fluoride treatments
- Athletic mouth guards–keeping your child’s teeth safe during sports
- Sedation dentistry–gently repairing and cleaning your child’s teeth without limited pain or irritation
- EZ-Pedo Kid’s Zirconia Crowns–These crowns are strong and durable and mimic the look of your child’s natural teeth
- Special needs dentistry–We want all of our young patients to feel comfortable at the dentist’s office.
Our dental practice includes four experienced, compassionate dentists.
- Mitzi L Hines, DDS. A Columbus native, Dr. Hines earned her DDS at The Ohio State University and did her residency and internship in Cleveland at Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital in Cleveland. She opened her practice in 2009. Dr. Hines and her husband have two young children of their own. She says, “Baby teeth are my favorite teeth of all!”
- Eileen M Martinez, DDS. Dr. Martinez is also a Columbus native and OSU graduate. She did her residency at the University of Toledo. She says she became a pediatric dentist because she loves making kids smile.
- Michael Hawk, DMD. Dr. Hawk grew up in St Louis and got his DMD from Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine. He completed his residency in Ohio at Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital in Cleveland. Dr. Hawk says he got into dentistry because he “found a passion for helping kids live healthy and happy lives”.
- Richa Banthia, DDS. Dr. Banthia was born in India, but immigrated to the United States with her parents when she was very young. She earned her dental degree from the LSU School of Dentistry in New Orleans, and completed her specialty training at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. She says she wanted to become a dentist from an early age and her goal is to “help my patients foster a love for their oral health and maintain a healthy and cavity free smile through adolescence and adulthood”.
What others are saying about us
We think our pediatric dental practice is pretty special, but don’t just take our word for it. Take a minute to read some of what our clients are saying about us above.
To learn more about Hines Little Smiles and to make an appointment, give us a call. We want to give your child a good, healthy start in life with good dental health. We welcome new patients from Columbus, Gahanna, New Albany, Westerville, Blacklick, Reynoldsburg and the surrounding areas.